If you haven’t tried mixing your HOLOS with apple sauce yet, may we suggest starting with this lovely Apple-Rhubarb Crisp recipe?
We’ve come together with Applesnax applesauce to bring you this seasonal recipe that combines the benefits of whole apples, strawberries and rhubarb all into a delicious and easy HOLOS recipe. With extra flavour, fiber, nutrition and delicious, sweet fruit to the mix, you’re going to love just how much this recipe tastes like apple & rhubarb crisp!
RecipeMakes 2 servings
- 2 chai HOLOS packs
- 2 packs of Applesnax Apple or Apple & Strawberry Sauce
- 1.5 cups milk of choice
- 1 cup rhubarb, diced (about 1 stalk)
- 1 cup apple, diced (about 1 large apple)
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- ½ Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Mix your HOLOS Chai packs with milk and set in your fridge overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook your HOLOS recipe, prep your ingredients.
- Heat a saucepan over medium on your stove and add the coconut oil.
- Then add the apple, rhubarb, strawberries, lemon juice, cinnamon and maple syrup. Cook on medium for about 10 minutes until the fruit is soft.
- Meanwhile, add 2 Applesnax packages to your HOLOS and mix.
- Make the crumble topping by adding everything to a bowl and mixing.
- When your apple pie filling is ready, layer it on top of your HOLOS, adding the crumble on top.