This recipe is part of a series of 5 amazing new ways to eat HOLOS this summer.
HOLOS fans are an active bunch so I thought of how to make a Trail Mix Granola Bar for those pre or post workouts. I used the HOLOS Maple Peanuts for these bars and let me tell you, I did NOT mind taste testing these. I got the recipe just right for you. Such a healthy treat!
A crunchy, sweet and salty snack. The maple peanuts HOLOS mueslii is the perfect base for these protein and superfoods packed bars.
(yields 12 bars)
- 1 HOLOS Maple Peanuts (any flavour works)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (or vegan flax alternative)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400F, convection if you have.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Combine wet ingredients and add to dry. Mix thoroughly.
- Place parchment into a shallow 11” by 8” pan.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool for at least an hour and then bake again for 10 minutes. The second bake results in a crispy and crunchy texture. Let cool completely before slicing.